Top Software Porting and Migration Services to Upgrade your Business
If you are involved in a Tech-reliant Business that is powered by a Digital Solution, then at some point or the other, you are sure to come across circumstances when you may need to improvise or modernize your existing Software so that it can support and overcome emerging business challenges. This is where custom Software Porting and Migration Services make way into the scenario.
Software Porting and Migration refer to the process of transforming an existing Software Application to make it work properly in a new platform or environment that it was not originally intended to work in.
So Porting doesn’t require Software Applications to be built from scratch. And it eliminates some of the technicalities that you face in fresh development.
Doesn’t that sound simpler and easier?
Well, it does. However, Software Porting and Migration is not always an easy task.
Its simplicity or Complexity depends on the nature of the existing Software, its source, and the destination platform.
Porting and Migrating an Application can either be very simple or extremely complex, requiring redesigning the entire application and rewriting large chunks of the source code.
ChromeInfotech is a 9-year-old leading Software Development Company that provides end-to-end porting, software re-building, and custom application migration services to Businesses belonging to a wide range of industry verticals.
And no matter what the requirements are or how complex it is, We have expert, talented professionals who can assist you and meet each of your Software porting and migration requirements.
ChromeInfotech’s Software Porting and Migration Services & Process
Every Porting Project that comes Our way is unique with explicit requirements.
For example, It may be restricted to just a single task of migrating data across databases or may involve a combination of different tasks.
At ChromeInfotech, We have a team of focused and experienced developers
We offer a wide range of Software Porting Services and Custom Application Migration Services that can cater to all of your requirements.
Here’s What We offer and hold expertise in:
- Porting across different Platforms- iOS, Android, Desktop, Web, etc
- OS Porting and migration where We can help port your Business across various OS, and it’s versions- Windows, Mac, Linux
- Database Migration Services which involves migrating Data across multiple Databases- SQL Server, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle, etc
- Porting across different Frameworks and Libraries- AngularJS, React, CodeIgniter, Laravel, Symfony, Zend, CakePHP
- Porting across Framework/Library Versions- Angular2 to Angular6, NET 2to ASP.NET 4, Laravel 5 to Laravel 6, etc.)
- Replacing old development tools and technologies with new ones- as replacing LINQ with EF, or ASP.NET AJAX with jQuery
- Migrating from one development environment to another- C++ Builder to VC++, VC++ to CodeWarrior, etc
- Porting Application to Cloud, from server to Cloud or Migrating application across different cloud platforms- AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Porting Applications across different e-commerce platforms- WordPress, Magento, Shopify, Woocommerce, etc
- Re-engineering and re-building application, which includes modifying and re-designing system architecture, UI and UX, etc.
- Porting across different programming Languages- C/C++, PHP, Java, Python, Ruby, etc
- Additionally, We also provide code refactoring services where we alter and edit the existing code but without changing the function of the code. This way, you end up with code that is maintainable and more efficient.
Now since every Business has unique and specific Software Porting and Migration requirements, it is crucial to employ different Porting strategies for each Project.
So, At ChromeInfotech, We accordingly develop Porting and Migrating Strategies that revolve around Our Software Porting process.
Following are the steps that We follow for Software Porting and Migration:
- Understanding and assessing the Porting requirements of the Project, along with its feasibility.
- Acquiring necessary information and understanding the existing Software Application, its design, and code
- Figuring out the right development tools
- Evaluating and validating the original design plan to maintain the same codes, identify different layers in the application and existing bugs, etc.
- Planning and drafting strategies to handle any issues that came to light during the previous steps. For example- architectural differences in source and target platform.
- Altering the code and making required changes so that it works properly in the Target Platform.
- Testing and debugging, which involves creating test plans, test cases, and configure both the original and target test environments.
- Lastly, repackaging the application according to the target platform/framework and then releasing it.
On a Concluding note
Contrary to what one might expect it to be, Software Porting and Migration is far from being easier than Developing any Software from scratch. Some reasons being:
- The existing application may have been poorly designed with inefficient software architecture.
- Instances where the original design and architecture may not suit or align with the target platform and technologies.
- The Specifications in the existing Software are built to work in the original platform or framework. So it’s tougher to mimic them in the target platform.
- It is hard to read and understand code written by someone else
So it is crucial that you engage with the right technology partner for outsourcing your Porting requirements.
At ChromeInfotech, We have Porting and Migration experts who ensure effective porting of your Software with 100% compliance to your original one.
So with Our Porting Service, you don’t have to worry over compromising or loosing over the specifications, features, and functionalities encompassed by your original Business Software.
Your new Application will do everything that your original one did but in a much more efficient and productive way.
So If what you are looking for is to upgrade your Business Software for added Business value, then please do reach out to Us.
Also, drop in your feedback or questions regarding this write-up in the comment section below!